Top Reasons to Choose Greater Montréal, Quebec, Canada
1. Proximity to Demand-Generating Sectors. Key industries include:
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Life Sciences and Health Technologies
- Real Estate
2. College- and University-Level Expertise: 34,000 university students enrolled in high-technology programs. 9,600 new graduates in high-tech sectors each year, including 7,400 university-level graduates (scientific training) and 2,200 college-level graduates (technical training)
3. Dynamic R&D Sector: With its 32 research chairs, 225 specialized researchers and ultramodern facilities, Greater Montréal is a world-class destination.
4. Generous Tax Credits and Incentives.
Bastian was one of three journalists, representing national economic development magazines, invited by the City of Montreal and government of Quebec to go on a five-day FAM research trip. The purpose of the trip was to educate Bastian about the thriving technology, manufacturing and medical focused industries in the Montreal region. She enjoy visiting numerous native and foreign companies doing business in those sectors, and learned of the numerous advantages for U.S. firms thinking about locating operations in the area. After the trip, Bastian wrote an article about these key sectors for a national economic development magazine and its 40,000 readers.
Interviewing, research, writing, high-profile interpersonal communications with government officials and C-suite executives.