Cincinnati-based International Business Expos (IBE) produced professional-grade businesss expos and well as some luxury lifestyle shows in major Midwest markets (Cincinnati, Dayton, Louisville, Lexington, Cleveland, Indianapolis) on an annual or twice-a-year basis.
IBE no longer exists. However, the company’s manager, Jim Klaserner, now owns Expo Source Inc. based in Cincinnati. This firm produces seven annual facilities maintenance expos across the Midwest.
Over the course of six years, Bastian was retained as the firm’s PR consultant helping show managers promote over 30 of their events to regional audiences and the media. She wrote press releases and press kits, and conducted comprehensive media relations campaigns. Her efforts resulted in increased expo attendance, increased awareness about the events and the company, and increased revenues for individual shows and the company overall. Some of the events publicized were:
- Cincinnati Business Expo: Spring 1987-91; Fall 1988-90
- Cincinnati Construction Expo: Fall 1990
- Cincinnati Fall Home Show: 1986
- Cincinnati Industrial Expo: Spring 1990
- Cincinnati Travel, Sports & Boat Show: 1986
- Columbus Business Expo: Spring 1989-90, Fall 1989-90
- Dayton Adult Toy Show: 1988-90
- Dayton Business Expo: Spring 1988-91, Fall 1988-90
- Dayton Home & Garden Show: 1989-91
- Lexington Business Expo: Spring 1990
- Louisville Business Expo: Spring 1990-91, Fall 1989-90
Writing, editing, interviewing, media relations, project planning.