Fredericksburg, Texas, is where Texan hospitality and German traditions thrive. People visit here to enjoy fantastic shopping on historic Main Street — packed with with shops, galleries, restaurants and music — plus golf, food, wineries and serious business. Its numerous hotels, inns, B&Bs and meeting places are as charming as the town. Located about 1.5 hours from San Antonio, the Fredericksburg area offers:
- Over 1,000 hotel/motel rooms
- More than 385 B&Bs, guesthouses, guest ranches and inns
- 94+ restaurants and thirteen wineries
- Some of the best one-of-a-kind shopping anywhere
- Central location in Texas with easy access via U.S. and interstate highways
- Airport for private aircraft
Bastian was invited on a 5-day FAM research trip to Fredericksburg. She was the only one of about a dozen journalists who was from Texas. At the time, Bastian was Managing Editor of Country Lifestyle, a bi-monthly magazine profiling the people, places, events and history of Texas Hill Country. Fredericksburg was one of the main cities highlighted throughout the year in the publication, so it was interesting to see this community from a FAM trip point of view. Bastian enjoyed new and old trips to various tourism attractions, and learned new facts about each place visited. This trip provided ample new ideas for the magazine’s editorial calendar for months, years to follow.
Interviewing, writing, research.