Ottawa-based E-Cruiter.com Inc. (NASDAQ: ECRU) was a leading provider of customer-focused, Web-powered hiring management systems and HR services. The company offered clients a comprehensive suite of solutions that automated the creation and maintenance of job openings posted to multiple job sites (e.g., HeadHunter.net, Career-Mosaic and CareerMagazine), and increased overall the efficiency of HR processes, from recruitment through to talent assessment, deployment and development. E-Cruiter.com clients included The Toronto Stock Exchange, Compaq Canada, KPMG Canada, Bell Canada, Dell Computer, Sony Music Canada, and Home Depot Canada. The company sold its job posting site in 1999, and in 2001 bought Paula Allen Holdings.
Links to PDFs of some of the E-cruiter.com articles written by Bastian:
- Management Systems and Your Corporate Brand ~ Feb. 15, 2001
- Are Banner Ads Dead? ~ Feb. 1, 2001
- Finding the People You Need: Financial Services ~ Dec. 15, 2000
- Finding Information Technology Workers ~ Dec. 1, 2000
- Compensation for Information Technology Workers ~ Dec. 1, 2000
- The Costs of Recruiting ~ Nov. 15, 2000
- Internet Use in Recruiting ~ Nov. 1, 2000
- Visas: Ins and Outs ~ Nov. 1, 2000
- ABC’s of Developing a Website; Usability Factor Is King ~ Oct. 15, 2000
- Executive Search Recruiters Debunk Myth of Internet’s Superior HR Value ~ Oct. 1, 2000
- Secrets of Finding Qualified Candidates in a Tight Market ~ Sept. 1, 2000
- Where to Find GenX Grads on the Web ~ Sept. 1, 2000
- How to Keep GenX Candidates Interested in Your Company ~ Sept. 1, 2000
- Online Testing and Assessments Help Qualify Talent Quickly ~ Aug. 15, 2000
- The OnLine Application Process: What Works Best Now ~ Aug. 15, 2000
- Attracting Executive Ranks ~ July 1, 2000
- Traits of Companies Attracting Top-Notch Talent in the New Economy ~ June 1, 2000
Bastian’s editorial efforts were instrumental in E-cruiter’s phenomenal influence on the then-nascent Internet job recruitment industry. Between 2000 and 2001 she researched and wrote online-exclusive business stories for the firm’s bi-weekly online magazine. The publication was a well-respected online resource for HR managers worldwide, providing ground-breaking insights about this exciting yet then-complicated new way to recruit talent. Topics covered were revolutionary at the time; and Bastian had to find and cultivate new “experts” on her own. Much of the info written about is still relevant to this day for those seeking to attract top-notch talent in the New Economy.
Research, writing, interviewing.